Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Schulz air invasion? :)
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 02:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loctite
OLD FOOL!! So you are saying I need to have a 60 amp breaker and #6 wiring? I will have to check to see what my old compressor has. but i know it has a 30 amp breaker that I will have to change out. My compressor is right next to my breaker box so i will only need a few feet of wiring. Thanks for the help.
I just posted what the National Electric code calls for.

Yes the 30 amp wont cut it.

A short story, years ago, 1992 to be exact I had a fire in my garage. It pretty well burnt the garage down. The insurance company had a fire investigator come to determine the cause.
I never heard a final report, but what I do know is the investigator cut the electrical panel loose from all the wires and mast and he took it with him.

Had there been any undersize wire in relation to any breaker it was attached to, I am sure they would not have paid to rebuild and refill the garage.

If you have a short run , a bit of #6 will be cheap, you will have a 50 amp circuit if ever needed, and the starting of your compressor shouldn't experiance much voltage drop.

Better safe than sorry.

That compressor will last you a lifetime, a very nice purchase.

I do suggest you put an auto drain on the tank so that nice new dry clean tank stays that way.

I am to old to remember to drain a tank daily, my auto drain does it for 2 seconds every 10 minutes the compressor runs