Scorpion Roller Rockers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 12:28 PM
WV hillbilly

Last journal entry: PTL 220CC
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Scorpion Roller Rockers

Has anyone had any experiance with Scorpion Roller Rockers? I need a Roller Rocker for a SBC to clear 1.550 Roller springs, my current RR wont clear, I have 1.540 Roller springs on a set of 220CC PTL aluminum heads, the springs im using are part #3600 (PBM) I also have 7/16 rockers studs as well, I believe the Rocker suggested for these heads with these springs is the scorpion #1001. Is there an alternative RR than will clear these springs thats affordable? I have checked the price of the scorpion RR and the price is very attractive...

any info will be very helpful...

thanks, 2wld4u

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 09:48 PM

Last photo:

The Scorpions look to be a rugged rocker arm. Wish I had an answer for your clearance question.

Unless someone here knows for sure....I'm guessing a call to Scorpion is in order. May as well get it straight from the source.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:42 PM

Last photo:

i heard they were crappy rockers made with weak aluminum
but this info could be crap!!! only problem with this
is that if you buy them and they brake you could damage
your motor

i personaly know only what my engine builder told me!!!!
any info is better then none at all

mark
Old 09-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:

They should change the name from Scorpion to "You Get What You Pay For" rockers. They could come in 1.49:1, and 1.58:1 ratios. Just like in that one movie where they tell the truth to sell things.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: PICTURE TEST
Last photo:

rockers

Roller rockers and 1.550 springs have been a problem since the dawn of time. I can't hardly believe that the people that make them don't look into the proper fitment closer.

Well anyway i put a set of scorpion ( very reluctantly) on a 358 late model engine. They ran the engine for a whole season with out a failure. When i got the motor back for tear down they looked really good. The spring pressure was 140 seat and 360 over the nose. They are back on the spare motor now.... That was 2 years ago and i can't remember for sure but i think they had plenty of room at the springs. I would call scorpion and double check though as someone else suggested....

Keith
Old 09-08-2004, 08:00 AM

Last photo:

Absolutely nothing wrong with Scorpion (Made in USA) rockers. I've been running them on my stroker for a year with no problem.

If you want to spend more than $200 for a set of roller rockers have at it, but I've never heard anything bad about the Scorpions. If someone is having failures, I'd look to the application and valve train geometry before I put blame on the "product".

Ed Curtis at www.flowtechinduction.com sells them. If they were "crap" he wouldn't have them on the shelf.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

scorp or harland sharp. ONly way to go.

K
Old 09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
WV hillbilly

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by mstngjoe
Absolutely nothing wrong with Scorpion (Made in USA) rockers. I've been running them on my stroker for a year with no problem.

If you want to spend more than $200 for a set of roller rockers have at it, but I've never heard anything bad about the Scorpions. If someone is having failures, I'd look to the application and valve train geometry before I put blame on the "product".

Ed Curtis at www.flowtechinduction.com sells them. If they were "crap" he wouldn't have them on the shelf.

Yeah, I already made contact with ED, the rockers I need is out of stock at the moment, he also said that it could be awhile because of the weather in Florida at the the present time, he did however give me an alternate rocker to use and that is the Comp Cams Pro Magnum Rockers, @ 265.00 though I may just find someone who has the rockers I want in stock...

and to shed some light on Scorpion Rockers, several Pure Street Racers have said that they are using them with great results so Im assuming they arent junk...I wont know for sure untill I try them myself but I am very curious...and cant wait to get ahold of a set..

Now I just need to find them...lol I think someone said that flat lander racing (I think) carried Scorpion, but ill have to check...

thanks for the replies, 2wld4u
Old 09-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:

Check Ebay. I have seen a lot of Crane Gold rockers for $150 and less. I know that isn't what you are looking for, but the point is that you can get a quality rocker for the same price.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:44 AM
WV hillbilly

Last photo:

Well I went ahead and ordered the Comp Pro Magnums, Im sure the scorpion would have been fine as well as the Crane rockers mentioned, problem is I want to get this together...and the Pro Comps were in stock.... I suppose Ill have to wait another time to try the Scorpion rockers, oh well..

2wld4u

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.