Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SCRAP THE 700r4? TH400/GearVendor?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well, the 400 will cost maybe 600 to 800 to buy then have built. Add another 2500 for the GV OD, plus the crossmember mods, drive shaft mods and you will have a ton of bucks in it. You might try taking it to a different shop and have them drop the valve body and check the ball count. Depends on the year. Later models that have an aux valve body will have one ball in there too. It could be a simple fix that might not cost more than 50 or 100 bucks for piece of mind.

Some shift kits call for leaving out one ball too, could be it just ended up in the pan by accident. Hard to tell.

TV cable is not a big deal either. If you have a Qjet, it will probably go in fine. If a Edelbrock or Holley, all you will need is a simple linkage adaptor for the carb linkage.

Mark

got to thinking, if you measured the ball at .125, this 1/8". NONE of the check balls in the 700 are that small. All of mine were at least 1/4". Something to think about anyways, i'm no expert but just did my 700. Not quite finished yet but very close.

Last edited by Jmark; 06-12-2006 at 11:52 AM.