Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Scratch drawings....LOL!
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Jason Battersby Design

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Absolutely you should be scanning all your work, at minimum 300DPI for quality printing. Also the originals never last, I have a ton of marker renderings that have been ruined over time, just simply because the marker will keep bleeding into the paper, after 1-2 years they wont look as crisp as the day you did them. Depends on the medium of course, but I always scan everything as soon as Its finished so I preserve it properly. I know oversize work can be hard to scan, I used to scan my large stuff on a 8 1/2"x11" scanner 6 times and then piece it all together in Photoshop, but this was an incredible time consumer. I mainly work on A3 or A4 size paper, and have access to an A3 size scanner. Places like Kinko's usually have an A3 size scanner and can help you scan over-sized work, although you'll have to check on the prices. If its work for a client, or something really special, I'd say its worth the money to scan it properly. If you do have something that is quite large, say 18"x24" or larger, taking photos can work well, I've done this also. You need to make sure you have lots of natural light, a good tripod, and of course a camera which takes high resolution pictures. Hope that helps, Cheers!