Hot Rod Forum banner

screening for a screen side pick up

780 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  antiquecar 
#1 ·
:welcome: I know i post some wierd request but I am working on a 1923 Dodge Screen Side pickup and need to find screening. The material was used on elevetor doors, security doors, ect and looks like expanded metal. No one seems to make it anymore. Anybody have any ideas. I will post pictures when my camera returns from a daughter borrowing it.
Thanks
Jan :pimp:

#3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions but I have been down those roads. Hemmings just isn't what it used to be. I have a Hemmings Motor News in my office from March 15, 1960 and it has the screenside screens which I need but I have not seen them in years in Hemmings. Most of the screens were converted into grills made our of 55 gal drums. I picked up one side in Chichashee last year and it was used on a grill. The grease actually preserved it quite well.

Nice Willys. I used to run one with a Ford Flat head with Ardun heads and then a 331 Desoto Hemi. I noticed you have one in you photos. Do you still have it? My brother currently has it in a 1933 Ply. coupe which was built in the 60's.

The Dodge truck book you mention is an excellent reference book.

Thanks for your ideas
Jan :pimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.