Searching for parts - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Chevy sittin' low

Wiki Edits: 0

Searching for parts

Ok, last Saturday my buddy had his 74 Nova parked at a car show(it's a work in progress). He got back from the restroom and found a huge dent in his fender. The people around him said that a girl had ran into it with a golf cart and took off. Well, here in Idaho there seems to be a major lack of Nova parts laying around. 0 in the junkyards. So if anybody has one in my area please e-mail me. Or better yet, does anyone know how to convert the front grill over to the 68-72 style? Well thanks, hope to hear from somebody......

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2003, 05:59 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

And of course those people didn't think to ask her to stick around or get a name and number for you?? A guy I know took a 65 Impala to a CAR SHOW and some guy took a screw driver to this guys Grill and knocked out a row of bars, the people around held the guy for security and the guy said he was in the same class and wanted to beat the guy out of the trophy?????? That grill cost the Dumb ***** a bundle and he's been band from attening shows for the next 5 years!! He's not even allowed to be on the grounds of the shows.

Todd

Last edited by tm454; 07-13-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Chevy sittin' low

That's the first thing I wondered. They were nice enought to wait and tell him what happened, but let her drive off!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:20 PM

I had a 74 Nova myself until about 5 years ago when I wrecked it. Now my dad has it and is restifying it. He is having the same trouble with finding parts. Most aftermarket companies make parts for 62-72's and then for 75-79's. For some reason, they make very little for 73-74's. GM Restoration Parts does make repro fenders, but they run about $300 each. Good luck, buddy.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

My blood is boiling.....Walk away car damagers should have a special place in H*LL reserved for them.....
Old 07-11-2003, 10:50 AM
faster than a speeding ticket!

Last photo:

arrr mateys!!! we will find 'em, and arrgg when we do, they will walk the plank into the briney deep!!!!!!

oh yeah, while your at it, grab the torch and pitchforks! ill get the lighting fluid. i always did hate them golf carts. and think about this, women are always complaining that WE are bad drivers.

i have a friend whos dad is in the auto-restore business i guess you could say, and his son had a nova, and then he sold it. its my understanding that their are still some parts layin around for the body so i will give him a ring and seeif hes got a fender for ya.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:01 AM
Chevy sittin' low

I'll definately be interested in the parts, but he decided to have the sheetmetal worked out. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:29 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Burn her dog!
Old 08-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Chevy sittin' low

Yeah, you guys thought that ^ was bad......check out the current pic of his car in my album. He went to the Winnemucca car show last weekend, and some lady hit his car while he was gone. It was parked at his friends house, along side the street. We suspect that she whipped around the corner too fast, went into the other lane and SMACK! right into his car. His car skidded a good 10 yards into the driveway. Then she somehow got her car around the block and proceded to strip the plates off and remove all her personal info. Only problem is, she left one of her plates in my buddy's grill. The cops then matched the plate too the vin# of the car around the block (a 90's cougar), and found that she left one critical document in her car, a tax return stub. Well, the cops have checked hospitals, her house, etc. and she hasn't turned up yet. She must have hit his nova just right because the exterior of her car didn't look as bad as you'd think. We told him that women are just getting back at him.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.