Seat belt for a 1936 Chev Master Deluxe - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2004, 11:56 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Seat belt for a 1936 Chev Master Deluxe

I have a 1936 Chevy 4 door Master Deluxe. I am going to leave the wood in the body because it is in remarkably good shape. Does any one know the best way to mount the shoulder strap? Also what seat belt brand or style would work best?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2004, 12:27 PM

Last photo:

If it's going to be a street car. I just use GM belts. Just the seat belt, not the shoulder belt. I use these because I part out six or seven GM bodies per year and have a plastic 55 gal barrel of various color and style belts. A simple decal/sticker is used to cover the GM on the buckle.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm lookin' to learn.

Last journal entry: Tear down begins
Last photo:

IMHO I think you wouldn't find a suitable (or strong enough) location for mounting a shoulder belt in the car. I have a '34 Olds 4-door and the center post wouldn't cut the mustard I'm sure. When my car is complete (long way off yet) only lap belts are going in. Law here allows for cars of this era to meet minimum requirements (lap belts) in order to be driven. Check your State's law on such requirements.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:40 PM

Last photo:

Recycled belts from a parted out vehicle woulds probably work fine if you could find the style and color you want. The standard for years seems to be Juliano's(www.julianos.com). You might also tyry Andover Restraints (www.andoauto.com). I got a really nice set for my project in the 60's style-plain chrome lift up buckle-for a very reasonable price and they have a wide selection.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Stitching or grease I love it

Last journal entry: Wings and Wheels fly in
Last photo:

New belts may seam pricy compared to junkyard specials but in the end you are better off. Julianos is the place I usually go. They give you the right parts for the best job.

And never ever ever mount belts to pillars unless they are designed for it. You put about 3500 psi on that pillar under a belt load.

Belts in the yard can dry rot in ways that you cant always see. While they still offer some protection they loose some of their elongation under load an can under the right circumstances break.

My favorite saying. The dollars and time you save on inferior parts can cost you a bundle in the end.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:09 PM
First name...............Shawn

Last photo:

Hey creative....

Do you own an interior shop? If so, do you have a website, i always like to check out the work of other in the same trade as myself.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Stitching or grease I love it

Last journal entry: Wings and Wheels fly in
Last photo:

I owned an unadvertised shop in the late 80's to mid 90's, I closed it for a bigger opportunity. Owning the shop and working full time in the OEM base for the big 4 gets the better of you after a while. Due to time I currently limit my outside work to high end customs and at the moment only work on jobs for people referred to me by other rodders, interior costs for a top notch job comes with alot of sticker shock as you know. Due to this I do mainly high end sports cars and extreme exotics. But am always looking to help in shops when needed and I am trying to help out fellow rodders here.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:20 PM
First name...............Shawn

Last photo:

I think my business alone is getting the better of me. Every day this week ive worked about 12 hours a day. Today was about a 14 hour day. I also cater to the high end vehicles, not really by choice, thats where my work has led me. Ive turned down about 3 jobs in this past month because of time constraints and backlog. So do you have a website or any pictures we could look at? My websites in my profile if you want to take a look.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.