Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Seat dimensions
Thread: Seat dimensions
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime
Yes Dave that is it..Mine will be a bit higher on the sides like a race seat and I will incorporate head rests by making the backs higher..Of course i will need to do a bit of adaptation to my shop equipment to make them..I have decided to work out my seating and legroom before I install the engine so I can get the engine mounted as far back as possible...

Thanks
Sam
Sam - CRS and being the OF that I am, have forgotten what you are building. If it's an 'A' or something similar in size, I do have to caution you about engine setback as it has a strong implication on your seat design, legroom and ease of access. I have a pair of beautifully done Glide Engineering seats sitting in my basement I can't use with any sort of comfort in my '31 - too bulky. I am 6'4", but not hefty at ~200# and even the seats I have could go back another 3-4 inches and be angled some more - but that's the room I have to work with. And it was all determined by my engine setback - see below:

Then it gets interesting to install gauges and heater or a/c:

That's the heater. I had an a/c originally but decided that with a roadster, kinda useless - but at least my toes are toasty.

But - you probably know all of this

For your reading enjoyment I'll lay a tape/scale in several different directions on the seats, photograph, and probably first thing in the morning.

Dave w