Hot Rod Forum banner

Seat Heaters

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ogre 
#1 ·
Has anyone used one of the seat heater kits out there? I picked one up from Perfect Fit the other day. Plan is to put it in a seat I am upholstering later this week. Thought I'd see if anyone has any tips, tricks or hints on using them.

The seat bottom has a listing wire that the heater will cross. The included instruction sheet say you can cut a hole in the heater pad to pass the listing through.

#2 ·
Heaters are very simple, just stick them under the insert area of the seat cover, and run the wire out the back. There must be some adhesive strips either built in to the heater pad, or separate. If you can cut the hole through for the listing, I would do that first and then hook it up to power to make sure it works before closing it up inside the seat. I think there must be only certain areas you can cut, so make sure you read the directions very carefully. Good luck.

#4 ·
Are these carbon fiber heaters? I think as long as you don't cut through the edges you can cut them in the middle, or shorten them if you need to. I think you can cut holes with a punch through them also. I think I'd do it that way and only cut three holes left right and center for the hog rings to go through. Or, you might just do the area behind the listing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.