Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Seatbelt laws....
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It used to be "only outside town/city limits" here, but now it is all times and in back of the car as well.Evenso the law is widely ignored and not enforced.It is not uncommon here to see passenger mothers with a child on their lap, kids face pressed nearly up to the windshield.Taxi drivers and delivery van drivers are exempt here, immune I would believe!
The British had a huge seatbelt campaign years ago
"Clunk click every trip" and it seems to be a part of preparing to drive now.Also the police do enforce the law.
In the early days of driving I always used mine and after being rear ended and spun round I was glad to have had it on.Without it I would have been thrown everywhere.
It makes sense.
BTW when I worked at GM in the UK we were in the early stages of airbag development and it was decided to go for it as Americans were so reluctant to belt up.We also did those belts that were connected to the door frame and automatically belted you in.
As for your safety "being nobody elses business" someone has to clean up your mess or stitch you back together, and someone will grieve.

Last edited by malc; 05-29-2004 at 02:29 AM.