Seatbelt laws.... - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2004, 08:48 AM
il enforcer

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy larry
the Man is big on the click it or ticket thing right now. and the popo's will stop you for nothing else. i found out the hard way/i'm a slow learner/dumb s.o.b., x3, and it gets more expensive each time. and you can not take defensive driving for a seatbelt ticket, seems it's NOT a moving violation???? WTF???
but, if people of a certain sexual orientation can become man and wife? then how the hell come i can't ride around without a seatbelt?

damn the Man.
True story. A motorist in Calgary went through what he thought was a photo radar trap and the light flashed even though he was not speeding. He went through it several more times with the flash going off each time and thus would be giving him another ticket.

He complained about it to the cops and discovered it was not a photo radar unit. It was actually taking pictures of motorists that were driving without a seatbelt on. I bet he felt really dumb!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 87442lover
DC, northern VA, and southern MD.

As they say on TV, "If you dont click it, you get a ticket."

Pretty stupid considering my safety is nobodies damn business!

!
It is every tax payers business b/c you are more likely to be injured if you are not wearing a seatbelt. This costs more for the cops/emergency personel etc.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Yeah...duh....I'm just going to keep trying til i get it right...Duh....
Why wouldn't you just make a phone call if you thought it was malfunctioning?

Chickie.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:07 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

next thing you know, the government will require me to take vitamins. and other stuff.
i'm 32 years old. if i do not want to put on a seatbelt, it certainly is no ones' business but mine.

personal experience, the only major accident i've had, if i had of been wearing a seatbelt, i most likely would have lost my left arm.

the gov. can't tell you to NOT smoke, wth's the difference? one will kill you just as dead as the other.......
Old 05-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Dead is dead but a broken neck at 32 might not kill you and give you plenty of time to think it over.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:08 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

Re: Its the Law, so buckle up, Right?

Quote:
Originally posted by tm454
Damn politicians and insurance companys taking away our freedom? Helmet laws and seat belt laws take away freedom of choice. And forget that bull Crap about how safe you are! Who legislates people jumping out of air planes/sky diving and rock climbing and surfing...no one yet! "Land of the free" my butt!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
It really doesn't matter to me if one is too stupid to buckle up or not. You have every right to not care what happens to you in an accident. At the same time, your family has every right not to be saddled with an invalid that can't wipe his own ***** simply 'cause he had a "right" not to protect himself. Also, the public has a right to not have to pay for the medical care of said idiot. You just have to be brain dead (or soon will be) not to wear a seat belt. And don't get me going on the cretins who smoke when their little kids are in the car with them.

tom
Old 05-29-2004, 11:27 AM

Last photo:

I can't believe what I am reading here. I would have thought that some of you were smarter than this.

Seatbelts save lives, end of story. Quit trying to be a big tough 'rebeling against the man' man, and get with the big picture. Honestly its not that hard, and there isn't one single reason not to wear one.

Bicycle helmets? Damn right you should have to wear one. MOST people I ride with are smart enough to know that you should always be wearing one. Some people, well their parents faced their swing set towards a wall when they were kids.

Motorcycle helmets, cmon, you really can't be this stupid can you? I think you get the picture by now.

Smarten up people, YOU KNOW it is the right thing to do, but you are to busy crying about your freedoms, Give me a break, you know that is just BS, so quit trying to be soo cool.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:32 AM

Last photo:

In the UK when the seatbelt law caught on there was a steep decline in body parts for transplants.Anything above the head couldīnt be used, it hadīnt worked for the first owner.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:39 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

There was a surgeon in my town who fell while riding his bike. Scrambled his brains to where he can't do ANY type of work. We lost a good surgeon, his wife lost her husband, his kids lost their pa. They DO have a person that is not what he was and never will be again. Never.

tom
Old 05-29-2004, 12:27 PM

Last photo:

Get rid of the laws and let Mr. Darwin weed the garden....
Old 05-29-2004, 12:54 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

ok mothers..........

wheres my birdie smilie?
Old 05-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by willys36@aol.com
Race car drivers wear them. They keep people alive. I have them in all my hot rods. I think it is kinda dumb not to wear them. One question though - if government is so anal retentive about wearing them in cars, why don't they provide them in school buses?
I definately agree about seat belts in school buses. North Carolina claims they would be "unsafe". Interesting since all the statistics that I've seen prove otherwise.

As to the original question: To the best of my knowledge, seat belts and the use of them are required (see below) in ALL the states as are child safety seats.

Seat belts are only required in vehicles that originally were factory equipped with them.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Hey Malc, do you mean to say that the use of child seats is not required in Europe?
And Frisco, we have group in our city that has been lobbying for seat belts in our school buses but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. I agree it seems to be a logical conclusion in relation to the required seat belt use in passenger vehicles.
Every time the kids get in the car, the FIRST thing they do is put on their seat belts...then they hound us until we do the same.
I don't remember how old I was when seat belt use became mandatory, but I remember it. I remember the ad campaign on TV and all the signs on the side of the highways....At the time we all rebelled against it, but after awhile we realized the it was a good thing.

Chickie.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:49 PM

Next it will be helmets .rollcages,helmet straps. Then solet green.lol
Old 05-30-2004, 12:31 AM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:

I don't like the idea of forcing people to do what the government deams as good.

I make sure that I am always wearing a seat belt, and anyone that rides in my car must do so too. That seat belt prevented any serious injury or death when I totaled my first car, but I still feel that the choice should be made individually.

I didn't wear any helmet while riding my bicycle in my younger days either and I'm still here, even after numerous wipe outs.

Besides, people smoke even though they are under 18, and drink when they are under 21. Do you really think that people are going to buckle up just because big brother says so?

I just think it's an easy way for the government to make money. The federal and most state governments are broke. Means you have to tax the citizens. Hmm....instead of a tax lets make an existing secondary law a primary offense so we can pull people over for and then crack down on it, especially since we already know alot of the population doesn't wear a seat belt.

Drives me batty! I can't stand the fact that the law enforcement has nothing better to do than pick on law abiding motorists instead of tracking down and arresting murderers, rapists, and thieves.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:18 AM

Last photo:

It is required to use baby seats here but there are always those who ignore it. Most children here are climbing all over the inside of the car.Favorite place is to stand between the front seats.
I tell those in the back of any car Iīm driving to belt up, not
particularly for their safety,I donīt want them hitting me on their way forward during an accident.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.