seats for 32 ford 3W coupe - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 01:51 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

seats for 32 ford 3W coupe

Okay, I've got my roller(glass body) sitting in my garage on jackstands. The engine is done, the tranny is done although not installed yet. The rear end is in. What next? I haven't cut the holes for the brake and clutch pedals since I can't get the nerve up to do it. So I thought I would go ahead and get the seats in so I could better determine where the placement of the pedals should be as well as the steering column. I thought about using either Honda or Acura leather buckets. Question is, will they fit. Are there any others that would work better other than going the aftermarket route and the big bucks. Also thanks to those of you who helped me out on the hydraulic clutch questions I had. Ended up going with a hydraulic throwout bearing. Not going to be racing this puppy so it should work well and really made things simple.
Tom

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2006, 05:51 PM

We used front buckets out of a 94 Honda Accord in the 32 3W we just got on the road. The driver's seat is all power except the lumbar support adjustment.
The passenger seat is manual. Both seats, leather covered, plus seatbelts cost us $135 at teh junkyard.
The fit is a little tight, as in touching in the middle, and the seat adjustment controls are very tight to the door panel, as in touching. In a different world we would have taken the seats to a trimmer and had the inside bolster of each one narrowed and the cover reinstalled. This would have allowed a tighter fit inside. But...it rides great and how many times do you ever adjust the seat after you're in it anyway??
Old 12-07-2006, 08:24 AM

seats for 32 ford 3W coupe

Thanks for the info. I figured the Honda seats would be a snug fit. Glad to know it'll work though. What did you do for door panels?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:15 AM

We haven't gotten the door panels made yet, or rather, upholstered yet. The panels are made from upholstery board(the black waterproof cardboard) and have been trimmed and drilled for clips and handle, etc. clearance and access.
We are looking at armrests now and have to make up some or use some from an old car (we have some 46-48 Plymouths, 36 Oldsmobiles and a couple others to try).
Don't forget to install a sheet plastic water barrier on the inside of the door before you install your door panels. The factory doesn't do this for giggles, they do it to protect the door panels, yet most custom upholsterers do not use them, used to showcars which never see weather I guess.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:28 PM

If your not set on buckets I used a middle seat out of a 93 Dodge Caravan. It is about 40 inches wide and fit perfectly.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:57 PM

32 ford 3w

I am looking to put a bench seat in my 32 Ford 3 w. How does the caravan seat fit in your 32? Can you send me a picture of how it looks in your car?
Thanks Terry
Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 PM

32 3w coupe seats

I'm using some Fox body Mustang seats in mine. I tightened the bolster up and took the adjustment out to keep them as narrow as possible. I then cut the back down 2". Not done with the first one yet..............

Also bought a caravan middle seat. I understand that they are perfect for a Model A and slightly narrow, about 4" in a '32. I'm thinking about maybe making a few modifications to help it fit better in a '32 and then selling it after upholstery.

The '32 that Street Rod Builder mag used a caravan seat. Don't know if it's online? Maybe you can find an old copy.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

This is the center seat out of a '91 Chrysler Minivan. It fits my 3 window perfectly with just enough room on each side to reach down and grab the seat belt (about 3" clearance between the seat and the door). Its like it was made for it. In an "A" this seat will be a little tight but still fit with no problems.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 AM

Thanks for the info and the picture. Looks great in the car. I will go shopping today for one..
Old 02-03-2010, 08:40 AM

seats

Hi Tyeager55 The seats Centerline posted look exactly like mine with the same fit. Hope it works for you

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.