Hot Rod Forum banner

Seats for 72 Chevelle

10K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  48ChryslerRodder 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of getting my chevelle up and running and put back together. I have a problem with the seats that were in the car when I got it. They are about 2-3" to high. I have looked at them and they can be lowered about 3" , but they are not the best looking bucket seats I have seen. I would like to know what seats others have used in their Chevelles or any other donor seats that have been used that are low to the floor. I also have a bench seat out of a 68 Chevelle, but that needs to be recovered and I would also like to stay with the buckets. Also would like a seat that will fit in with the stock interior of my chevelle. I would like it to look like it may have come with the seats I choose after being recovered.

It kinda looks like I'm asking for the world. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help

John

#2 ·
I put a set of black & yellow vinyl Matrix seats in my 70 Chevelle. I used a Black & Yellow vinyl theme in the interior so the seats matched nicely. They are relatively comfortable, recline and tilt forward to access the rear seat. They come with sliders also and are pretty reasonable at $370/pair shipped. I made brackets out of 1/8" x 2" steel. Bent them so the seats sat level and drilled the holes to match stock. Then I drilled the steel to mount the new seat on. Pretty easy install, and the seats look straight and level while looking through the front or rear windows, which was important to me. Here is the website http://www.bodykitsandwings.com/web... Racing seats - Racing seats.html?id=3UvXPmA8

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.