Which seats for mustang? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 09:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Which seats for mustang?

I'm looking for a new pair of front seats for my 1988 mustang gt. My current ones have broken backs that spring back when you lean on them, which is very irritating. I took one seat out yesterday and rewelded a floor mount bracket that had literally snapped in half (previous owner did it). Scat makes a series of seats called procar. I dont want to spend anything over $200 a seat, and I know that wont get me much but the ones that scat makes look nice for how much they cost. I also know that I want something vinyl for the durability factor and resistance to any stains. The procar seats can be seen here . Has anyone tried these seats or can tell me anything about them? Thanks for the help

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Always look up in a custom

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I know that Scat Procar seats are available in several models.

I rescued a pair out of a VW Beetle a few years ago (the old guy wanted an original pair of bug seats, so I swapped him from my stock of parts).

Those seats are very deep, high strong bolsters...and waaaay too tight for my big back end. Maybe if I was 5'9" and 160 I could fit in them. ALso, in that particular application the seat tracks/mounts were cheesy with a capital CH. Wobbled and flimsy and I'd have squashed them on the first ride.

But they're still packed away up in my loft awaiting reupholstery for either display or sale in one of the cars I'm redoing on my own.

Again, back to advocating using OEM seating. Why reweld and gussett your frames and restyle them with new covers?? Sounds like you can do the welding and strengthening. Save your pennies and retain the stock seats with fun covers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.