Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sebring 1st vs. 2nd gen seats with shoulder belt ???
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:21 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sebring 1st vs. 2nd gen seats with shoulder belt ???

I recently purchased pair of Sebring Seats for my 64 Ford from my local pic-a-part. Up until now, I did not know that there was a module that I needed which I did not get! With first generation I believe when the solenoids are powered, the seatbelt can be moved. When the solenoids are not powered, the seatbelts cannot be moved.

http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

I think my seats are 2nd generation. I am able to move the belts on both driver and passenger side with no power connected. When I can jerk the seat belt, they seem to lock fine without any module. From what I found so far, beginning with the 2001 model year, the Seatbelt Control Timer Module (SCTM) was eliminated and the electronics were fully integrated with the airbag controls into a unified occupant restraint system. The seats do have pyrotechnic pre-tensioners which I have left disconnected.

It appears that the module with 2001+ seats only controls the pyrotechnic pre-tensioners in the seat itself + the air bags.

Does anyone know even if I get the module, it will not work without all of the impact sensors and stuff. Correct?

Is there any issue with my seat (2001+) operating properly without the module & leaving pyrotechnic pre-tensioners disconnected?

Can I replace the pyrotechnic pre-tensioners with 1996-1997?

waid

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of DSCN1531.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	70859