Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sedan/delivery is finally in color.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45
But the main question is...........are you satisfied with it?
Given my lack of experience, my novice painting skills, and the limitations of my "booth" and equipment, I'm very happy with the results. By the same token, I can certainly see lots of room for improvement. And I learned a ton along the way from all the painter guys here on HR.Com. It was a big stretch for me to tackle not just a BC/CC application, but a pearl as well. But then you don't learn much if you just stay with what you've done before.

The roof of the car was a particular bugaboo and I had difficulty with it from the early sand-and-fill stages all the way through final buffing. Fortunately Dan TwoLakes and I had a pre-existing plan for the roof that I think will knock some people's socks off. So it wasn't absolutely crucial that the paint up there be free of flaws.

And a little note regarding Arrowhead's comment about sparkling in the sun. As you might make out from a couple of these pictures, they were taken on a very gray and overcast day with the garage door open but the car inside. So it will be interesting to see it out in full bright sunlight...if we ever get any of that up here in WI.