Seeking used TIG welder - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2004, 12:52 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Seeking used TIG welder

I am ready to buy a TIG welder, and have decided to get either a Lincoln Square Wave TIG 175 Pro or a Miller Syncrowave 180 SD. They are between $1300 and $1600 new in my area, and none of the dealers around here sell used equipment. I know there are some cheaper models like the Miller Econotig, but they are either DC only, or else they don't have the low end settings I need for light guage steel (Syncrowave goes down to 10 A and TIG 175 Pro down to 8 A). I would like to pay about $800 for a used machine. Can anybody point me to a dealer of used welding equipment, or does anybody have one of these two models for sale in my price range?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2004, 05:07 PM
bentwings

Last photo:

Smile tig welder

Sorry I haven't got a line a used one. they are pretty rare. I bought a new/used Lincoln Sq Wave175 and it's smoothest thing I've used except for maybe a Syncro 350.
I got it from TIG Depot. They occasionally have returned ones from their sponsored cars etc. That's where mine came from. It was never even taken off the skid. I added a double flowmeter for back purge and $500 worth of supplies. (you can hold them all in one hand). I really like having the thing around when I need it. Plus it adds a little something special to most projects. I even leased it out to where I used to work and made a big dent in the cost of it. Not only that I got paid to use it!!!

$1300 is about the going rate but you may get a deal on one of the returned ones if you ask.

I only have a 40 amp breaker in the shop and it works fine. I have a 60 in the tool box but I haven't had the need yet.

good luck
bentwings
Old 02-03-2004, 04:00 PM

Last photo:

ebay
Old 02-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Muscle car fan

Last photo:

I saw a thread on a forum not that long ago (don't think it was on here) about someone making one themselves

heavy duty alternator and an electric motor to drive the alt, played with the pulley sizing till it worked it's best

i'll try and find it

edit: found it, i'm gonna try building one of these this spring

homemade tig

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.