Hot Rod Forum banner

As seen on the road.

19K views 199 replies 28 participants last post by  Dave57210 
#1 ·
Sometimes you can see some interesting stuff on the road. Post yours up.

See less See more
#2 ·
How fast did you speed up to get the pictures?

You are right about seeing things when your out for a drive. I stated carrying my camera but I found I need a larger telephoto lens, Cars on trailers are rare where I'm at, but I do see a lot of wildlife, which I like to take pictures of.

I like to take pictures of younger girls in small bikinis, but they are rarer than cars on trailers. :D:D:cool::thumbup::thumbup:

Bob

#3 ·
I caught them because they were going slow, I was empty and I had the cruise set just about the speed limit.

I did see a girl in a bikini the other day, looked good! :D She was sunning herself on the deck of her house. I usually look that place over pretty good since they have some interesting rides that seem to come and go. They have a 60's Rambler American 2-door hardtop that is red with a white top and has chrome wheels with baby moons that somebody seems to use as a daily driver. That's enough to sell me that the occupants are pretty cool but there is a pretty sweet looking 80's Malibu that is usually in the garage. There was a VW Thing hanging around there but I haven't seen it in a while. Recently a 80's Mustang GT convertible showed up. I assume it had rear end problems since they had it jacked up in the drive and that seemed to be what they were working on. It's now sitting in the garage next to the Malibu. That's why I usually take a good look at that place when I drive by, not looking for girls in bikinis. :D

#12 ·
I pulled my '68 Nova out of muskeg and weeds in Talkeetna, AK, gave him $600.00 and took away all brand new glass, two extra fenders and hoods. It wasn't a candidate for restoration, so I back-halfed it and went pro street. I could barely see it from the road on the way to Fairbanks one day, seems our types have a way of seeing those things, even if just a flash out of the corner of the eye!

#20 ·
These are within five miles of county pavement in Western Iowa. I first noticed all three in 2007.

Old cabover, they're using it for a sign.

1970 Ford Highboy, I want it! This one moves about the property so it must still run.

This GMC has been in the same spot for years.

Attachments

#21 ·
Woodbine, Iowa. I have a lot of time when I go to Woodbine, if there is any trucks in front of you when you get there it will take an eternity to unload.

The Chrysler hasn't moved in a long time but the Chevy has been moved from time to time.

I don't think this was here the last time I was in town.

They do have a nice little museum, I suppose this was the old Woodbine Police car.

Attachments

#24 ·
My first car was a 27 "T" I found in a ravine when I was hunting, I was 12 yrs old There were 13 cars or parts of bodys all "T"'s all I could see of the coupe was the bottom half as it was upside down in sand I went home and got a shovel and started digging it out hoping it wasn't all rusted. The more I dug the better it looked. The doors were good the car was nice I took it home, a couple buddies took two 2-drs home, don't know what happened to the rest. That's how I got my first car.

Bob

#25 ·
I don't have a camera to get photos usually, wish I had one yesterday when I was cruising down the freeway with an awesome survivor mid 60's Dodge station wagon. It was sooooo cool.

Brian

#28 ·
enter the email address, i thought that was the obvious part :D

i can also send directly to photobucket from my flip phone using the sms link from photobucket

since i email pics often to myself, when i set up my email in my phone i used .gmail for the name
take a pic, hit send, hit the 1 button (same button for . when texting) and the first address that pops up is my gmail address
if you set up and send often to photobucket use the name @photobucket, hitting the 1 button twice will pull up photobucket

i use verizon, i can go into my address book on the verizon mobile site any type in all the addresses with my computer keyboard
then i update my phone address book from my phone using backup assistant, it's the only app i have on my phone and it's free
most of my phone contacts also have email addresses associated with them

#32 ·
First car I ever did "body work" on, a 50 Dodge. We had it in the back yard, my brother drug it out of a farmers field where I had seen it my whole childhood. It sat in my back yard and when I saw American Graffiti (first run) I went out there to transform it into the Pharaohs Merc! I removed the hood emblems and filled the holes with bondo, that was my very first time to ever touch a car other than riding in it. I was hooked. :D

Brian

#35 ·
Studebaker truck facing a Studebaker car and a half-track crane outside the fence at a salvage yard. I wonder when these will disappear forever like the 57 Chevy, 56 Ford, Falcon Ranchero and the 68 fastback Galaxie have at the same yard within the past couple of years.

I wonder if this is the same blue Pontiac that was recently for sale about 50 miles away from here on another highway? That one went missing about the same time this one appeared.

This appeared about 3 years ago.

This stuff keeps appearing here, it started with a Gremlin a couple of years ago. I think that's a Valiant convertible sitting on a trailer a couple of cars over.

And the 1952 Pontiac sitting on a hill, it appeared about 3 years ago. There's a Chevy Advance-Design series pickup further up the hill in the trees. The baffling thing to me is there is a 70's to 80's Chevy pickup sitting in the shed on the right while the other stuff sits in the weather, priorities I guess. :confused:

Attachments

#38 ·
I have a funny memory of a Bug Eye as a kid. My neighbor got one, my friends older brother. He took me for a ride in it hauling butt through a new housing track they had built near by. This was around 1972. Around 2000 he came to town for a class reunion, I hadn't seen him since they moved away in '72. He had a Porsche 911 Turbo and took me for a ride hauling butt through the streets. I had ridden with this guy twice in my life, 30 years apart both times in a sports car hauling butt through the city streets.

Brian

Reactions: CrashFarmer2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.