Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Self Etching primer vs. epoxy primer
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:12 AM
brains

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

As for the cuda paint job I can not comment on that body shop, My information is based on experience where yours im guessing is based on what some hot shot painter does. Just because someone else does it doesnt make it the best choice. Unless your using all the same materials as your hot shots painters, same epoxy, same amount of reducers, same base, same urethanes, then your paint job may come out differently.

Personally I would never use epoxy as a sealer over body work and filler. As I mentioed epoxies are very sensitive to the type of material they are being sprayed over. Epoxies are also designed and developed to be sprayed directly on metal not over filler. This doesnt mean some people dont try and use it that way. Keep in mind just because some people get it to work does NOT mean they are getting as good of a bond as they would have using a sealer. Although not all epoxies are the same Im saying to use extreme caution when using it over other materials and definetly do test panels before attempting it unless this is something you do everyday and already know the epoxy will cure over the material your spraying it over.

Last edited by brainsboy; 06-02-2009 at 07:27 AM.