Selling out or just keeping up? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post Selling out or just keeping up?

I went over to Radir wheels site like I do every once and a while to just look for the fun of it. This time I had a reason, but when I got there I nearly squirted root beer out of my nose (homade so it burned pretty good, teared up a bit, heh) I know the guy that used to own Radir wheels and about two years ago right after he sold it he told me he would/could get me a set for several hundred bucks. Of course then I drove a primer cow monte carlo that really didn't need or would have looked right withem'. Well I got there a minute ago and those suckers are $325+tax and center/spinner a peice and if you want 15x10's your looking at $410+. Thats just sickening.

Are these guys selling out or just keeping up. Now I know with all the new rims and such they have alot of competition, but geez. Its like they are selling out. Everything is way exspensive and more than the average hot rodder has to spend on wheels. I just think that the business (any) should not sell out the people who made them what they are by becoming something that only the wealthy can afford to get. Are they going the way of many other companies? I could name a few, but I won't. Or is it just me and the've always been this spendy?

I must be getting cheap because all of a sudden 3 and a quarter for one wheel is just plain...

HK

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2003, 11:42 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I hear you HK, pretty nuts. You can blame it on brand merchandising to the teenager for most of this silliness, the only problem is those things are always a fad. Everything has gotten more expensive to produce and liability is almost half the markup in some industries like helmets, harnesses and other safety/critical equipment. Wheels fit into this category...

Have you ever wondered what happend to forged aluminum wheels? They are now triple the cost of regular cast wheels and now billet is all the rage even though everyone knows forged is superior in every respect including safety. It's almost like these industries set themselves up for the liability suits by producing sub-standard products and using liability as a cost of doing business, I guess it all looks good on a spreadsheet somewhere but something has been lost vital to not only products but to a continental attitude shared by both our nations.

Someday there will be a reckoning but I wonder if it could come soon enough when you consider what people are conditioned to hear and see. Cloning humans, implantable ID chips (not B.S. either because I have been asked to investigate the possible surgical/electrical influences caused by these devices) causes one to reflect on TV and it's message....particularly on a young mind...

Maybe we are all destined to live the lives depicted in the medium (including the web!) and it is only a way of conditioning us to accept the already created future...

[announcement]
Attention...attention...Do Not under any circumstances take the brown blotter.

Where in the he11 is my tinfoil helmet...

Stop stealing my thoughts PDSTEVE!!!...ahhhhh!
Old 01-15-2003, 05:53 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Now that is deep! I will ponder this as I proceed through my day.
OK, pants first, then shoes.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:32 AM

Oh no, I think 4-Jaw is off the deep end. Sounding more like a cross between L. Ron Hubbard, Mya Angelou, and Ghandi every day!

Yes, I was totally disappointed at the rebirth of Radir Wheels also. In the 60s they were cheapie "mags" for us po' folk. Die cast centers riveted to poorly chromed steel rims. Used to call them rattlers 'cause the rivets always got nice and loose! Now they made them into hi-tech, hi-buck items for the rich and famous.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:08 AM

Last photo:

Chuck, I beleive it, its getting crazy. We are going to end up like the goobs in the movie demolition man if we aren't careful. Its no joke either, the newest I-Car book has a picture of the electric cars they used in the movie. It exsplains how the unibody is set up and how to repair it.

Oh yeah, by the way you get any of those new brain sergury magnets up there yet? The ones that they use instead of drilling through your cranium? I honestly would rather have a hole in my head than having a steel rod (deep breaths ) shoved where they shove it

Yes, I know. They used to be the wheel to get if you were a hot rodder. They were inexspensive and looked cool. Now even the cheapies are ugly. They don't make a cool looking cheap wheel anymore.

HK
Old 01-15-2003, 12:10 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

first i've heard of 'em. guess i live under a rock. sounds like they are pricing themselves out of the market tho so might not be around next year.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:15 PM

Last photo:

Bull they are cool wheels and they are now making the really cool 12 spoke spindle mount wheels as well as the original, but pricey very pricey. Check them out here!

HK

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.