Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Semi gloss black, what to get?
View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:44 PM
RODDER18's Avatar
RODDER18 RODDER18 is offline
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fargo
Posts: 384
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
"Matte" clear is what it usually called. It is the ONLY way to go in my opinion. Adding flattener always opens a can of worms. Matte clear is a no brainer.

I like the flattening agent because you can tweak it to the exact look you want. If you do use it make some test panels and write down how much flattener you used so that if you have to repair it will match. About a month after finishing the Chevy it was hit in the quarter panel. We knew how much to use so matching it was easy. I used Omni (PPG Brand) M148 flattener, P sheet shows 51oz per gallon for flat 45oz per gallon eggshell and 42oz per gallon semi gloss. Clear was Omni MC-161. Not hard to do but not as easy as matte clear.

Reply With Quote