Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Separated combustion shop heater
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I am having a new 12,000 btu forced-air Heater installed in my Shop today-I had two Electoric ones installed about 2-3 Years ago, and they burned out quick and were so noisy I couldn't hear the Radio -

I thought about going back to the Electric ones (for Painting purposes), but, obviously, they are more expensive to run (and with the noise thing ), I decided to go forced air-part of the downside (for me) is that they have to core-drill my Shop (it is cement walled) for the exhaust-they are doing that now-

As for Painting, I decided that I would Heat the place up, shut off the Heater and run some small ones (Electric) to keep the Heat-not the best solution, but as I am just a hobby guy I'll live with it (you know the old saying, it's a tough job but someones got to do it...........)-

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, but I think I would talk to my Insurance Carrier to make certain they are ok with it-