September 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest: Moonshine Haulers - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 AM
dinger's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Visalia, Ca.
Age: 61
Posts: 2,707
Wiki Edits: 1

Thanks: 102
Thanked 108 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy View Post
I'll start it off with this little ditty. It's an old drawing, but seems to fit the bill:
Holy Cow! it looks like me, if my 36 were a 3 window I'd be there! Cool pics, guys, I got to show this one to my wife. All of you, great work, I love this part of our forum. And it's all ART! no matter the format, don't let the jerks discourage anyone.

    Advertisement
__________________
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not." - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2012, 04:14 AM
brickyardboy's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 592
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger View Post
Holy Cow! it looks like me, if my 36 were a 3 window I'd be there! Cool pics, guys, I got to show this one to my wife. All of you, great work, I love this part of our forum. And it's all ART! no matter the format, don't let the jerks discourage anyone.
LOL. That's a friend of mine and his '36 coupe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 114
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 22
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Haul-en Brew

The topic this month brings me back to High School Days when A person would Rubber Neck in their mirrors or over their shoulders in search of the law enforcement when hauling brew. Fridays .... Get the rod ready for cruising hitting the strip and finding the best parties. If you wanted to get wild,then leave the steady home and hunt some new talent. Friday night was cruise and party and don"t get caught. And of course take on a few Rat races for bucks between stop lights. Saturdays where Drag races at the strip at noon and cruising with the steady at night, hitting the hot spots and bragging about your races and of course PARTYING.... Sunday was being woke up by the Old Man to go to church.and hoping God would forgive you for the weekend. God I miss those days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	haulen.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	67826  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2012, 04:22 PM
brickyardboy's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 592
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Ahh, yes - those were some good times indeed! Everything seemed so plain and simple back then, innocent compared to today's complicated world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to brickyardboy For This Useful Post:
lincoln highway jony (09-11-2012)
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 AM
StudebakerMatt's Avatar
Custom User
 

Last journal entry: Heavy Rebel Weekender
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NC
Age: 36
Posts: 144
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy View Post
Ahh, yes - those were some good times indeed! Everything seemed so plain and simple back then, innocent compared to today's complicated world.
Amen Brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 AM
dinger's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Visalia, Ca.
Age: 61
Posts: 2,707
Wiki Edits: 1

Thanks: 102
Thanked 108 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln highway jony View Post
The topic this month brings me back to High School Days when A person would Rubber Neck in their mirrors or over their shoulders in search of the law enforcement when hauling brew. Fridays .... Get the rod ready for cruising hitting the strip and finding the best parties. If you wanted to get wild,then leave the steady home and hunt some new talent. Friday night was cruise and party and don"t get caught. And of course take on a few Rat races for bucks between stop lights. Saturdays where Drag races at the strip at noon and cruising with the steady at night, hitting the hot spots and bragging about your races and of course PARTYING.... Sunday was being woke up by the Old Man to go to church.and hoping God would forgive you for the weekend. God I miss those days.
That describes a good weekend for me to a Tee! I tried to come up with a good reason to leave the steady at home about once a month and roll with the buddies, it took a serious reason to escape tho. Sunday morning the old man would grab a handful of toes and squeeze, I'd come up swinging but wide awake and .o.ed. Time to get ready for church. Good memories, thanks for the flashback! Dan
__________________
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not." - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Job~Rated's Avatar
Artful Dodger
 

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Norwich, UK
Age: 51
Posts: 1,387
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 12
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
No better way to haul 'shine than in a hot little pick 'em up truck...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Decide on topic for September hot rod art contest Jon Hot Rod Art 10 09-14-2012 09:12 AM
Vote in the April 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest: 1950's Hot Rods Jon Hot Rod Art 9 05-03-2012 07:22 AM
April 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest: 1950's Hot Rods Jon Hot Rod Art 43 04-21-2012 04:41 AM
February 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest: Non-Woody Hot Rod Station Wagons Jon Hot Rod Art 41 02-27-2012 04:06 AM
Voting Starts Now August Hotrodders Art Contest "Hot Rod Beverage Haulers" Only Racing Hot Rod Art 14 09-03-2010 04:56 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.