September 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest: Moonshine Haulers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

September 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest: Moonshine Haulers

Our August 2012 hot rod art contest winners brickyardboy and lincoln highway jony have selected "Moonshine Haulers" as the topic for this month's art contest.

This month, the winner gets a $50 gift certificate to Speedway Motors (in the event of a tie, the prize will be split among the winners).

Voting will take place in the last week of September, so please have all entries posted by the 24th.

Thanks to all participants and voters!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 12:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'll start it off with this little ditty. It's an old drawing, but seems to fit the bill:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moonshine.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	67747  
Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Very cool work Bill .........
Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 PM

Last photo:

Thanks Bob. Glad you're back. I haven't seen any of your work here or on H.A.M.B for a month, and hoping everything was ok.

Bill
Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Bill, I stopped posting on the HAMB ....got tired of the attitude of some of the guys there. The "we hate Photoshop" mentality and "we draw by hand so we're really artist" postings that some of the guys were putting up for a few weeks in a row. I sensed a little of that here as well and didn't post last month .....will try to add something this month and see how it goes.

These art forums use to be open to any and all ....no one criticized the medium or the artwork. It was all for the fun and the joy of it. But over at the HAMB, that's no longer the case. They only want certain types of artwork, which they get week after week. I for one am sick of seeing pin strips and Rat Fink every week, but would never bad mouth an artist for posting it. I guess those guys haven't discovered the scroll bar on their computer to take them to the next image .......
Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette View Post
Bill, I stopped posting on the HAMB ....got tired of the attitude of some of the guys there. The "we hate Photoshop" mentality and "we draw by hand so we're really artist" postings that some of the guys were putting up for a few weeks in a row. I sensed a little of that here as well and didn't post last month .....will try to add something this month and see how it goes.

These art forums use to be open to any and all ....no one criticized the medium or the artwork. It was all for the fun and the joy of it. But over at the HAMB, that's no longer the case. They only want certain types of artwork, which they get week after week. I for one am sick of seeing pin strips and Rat Fink every week, but would never bad mouth an artist for posting it. I guess those guys haven't discovered the scroll bar on their computer to take them to the next image .......
I couldn't agree more, Bob. It seems like HAMB has a tight little clicky group going there, and if you're not part of it, your art is unimportant, even if it's top notch work. I for one, always looked forward to your work as well as Dan Greenburg's (correct name?) great artistic photography. I really appreciate all forms of art, but post after post of that girl's pinstriping, and the many forms of RatFink, as good as it is, made my eyes glaze over after awhile! I'm hoping that anyone on this site would refrain from criticizing anyone's contribution to the monthly contest, regardless of the medium or technique, and just truly appreciate the effort that was generated. Looking forward, as always, Bob, to your entry this month.......Bill
Old 09-07-2012, 04:42 PM

Last photo:

Booz Haul-in

Iowa has a rich history on the art of making some good brew. One such drink is the famous Templeton Rye. Which was and is made around Templeton Iowa.During prohibition the moonshiners had to get smart to hide their goods. Much brew went over the Lincoln Highway. One such town was Carroll Iowa. The story goes that the Cops was checking autos on the west side of town where two main highways came together. The blockade landed much of the Brew. So some on the shiners made a deal with the local funeral parlors. The funeral Parlor was located on the west side of town., so when they moved a body or visit the cemeteries on the east side of town the employees would hide the hooch in the cryps or special cut outs that were carved into tombstones with metal sliding doors. There are still hide outs on the back of the stones today. The 1946 Ford in my Drawing is a real truck I have spotted at central Iowa car shows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bozz.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	67781  
Old 09-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Last photo:

I wish i had talent like you guys, sadly aside from stick figures im no picaso...
Old 09-07-2012, 05:07 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy View Post
I couldn't agree more, Bob. It seems like HAMB has a tight little clicky group going there, and if you're not part of it, your art is unimportant, even if it's top notch work. I for one, always looked forward to your work as well as Dan Greenburg's (correct name?) great artistic photography. I really appreciate all forms of art, but post after post of that girl's pinstriping, and the many forms of RatFink, as good as it is, made my eyes glaze over after awhile! I'm hoping that anyone on this site would refrain from criticizing anyone's contribution to the monthly contest, regardless of the medium or technique, and just truly appreciate the effort that was generated. Looking forward, as always, Bob, to your entry this month.......Bill
Bill do agree with you on the Pork web sight. Do not mention the word Rat over their or they will hand it to you. Signed Road Artist: Lincoln Highway Johnny.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:05 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln highway jony View Post
Iowa has a rich history on the art of making some good brew. One such drink is the famous Templeton Rye. Which was and is made around Templeton Iowa.During prohibition the moonshiners had to get smart to hide their goods. Much brew went over the Lincoln Highway. One such town was Carroll Iowa. The story goes that the Cops was checking autos on the west side of town where two main highways came together. The blockade landed much of the Brew. So some on the shiners made a deal with the local funeral parlors. The funeral Parlor was located on the west side of town., so when they moved a body or visit the cemeteries on the east side of town the employees would hide the hooch in the cryps or special cut outs that were carved into tombstones with metal sliding doors. There are still hide outs on the back of the stones today. The 1946 Ford in my Drawing is a real truck I have spotted at central Iowa car shows.
Good drawing, Johnny. Most of these shine haulers had hopped up motors to get down the road faster, and outrun the law. Was it "Thunder road" with Robert Mitchum that featured him in his '50 Ford shine runner?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln highway jony View Post
Bill do agree with you on the Pork web sight. Do not mention the word Rat over their or they will hand it to you. Signed Road Artist: Lincoln Highway Johnny.
Nice work Johnny ..........Maybe the HAMB has a problem with me because my website is Rat Rod Studios ........
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Here's a quick try from me ......the man was a black and white photo so I tried my hand at colorizing it.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Last photo:

Excellent Bob! Now that baby could move some shine!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:02 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Here's a quick try from me ......the man was a black and white photo so I tried my hand at colorizing it.
I don't know nothin' about that there artsy-fartsy stuff, but I does know what I likes - and I likes that a LOT!!!!!

Y'all gittin' my vote!

Tom
Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Bill, Tom, thank you both, much appreicated ............

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.