Serious ford 302 HELP ! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2003, 09:42 AM
BOOST SOMETHING !

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Serious ford 302 HELP !

How much damage can accure to a 302 with no carb that has been sitting in the rain for about a week or so. That and I need some advice on carboraters stock(or stuff I can find in a junkyard) and aftermarket. Because I got one I can buy from a friend for like 60 bucks. But I don't have money to get it rebuilt if it has serious damage. So I'mma need some serious help and advice. It's a 4 barrel setup so far as the carb goes with a new (or atleast it was a while ago) elberbrock intake manifold. On top of that I find out recently that theres a chance that it could have been out there for months. NOt only that But I need some tranny help to cause I got a C4 and a A0D. By the way it's a 86" Mustang that use to be a banger and had a 351 windsor at one time now there's nothing in it I got pics too !

~Blackbob~

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2003, 10:13 AM

Last photo:

Sitting in the rain isn't necessarily going to hurt it, but you can't tell from the outside. You're going to have to open it up to see if there is any real damage. Almost anything is fixable short of a cracked block or head, and your going to have to take it to a machine shop to find that out. Is your friend good enough to return your $$ if the thing turns out to be truly dead?
Old 01-22-2003, 03:34 PM

you pay for what u get. Better spend a little more money and have a running engine then have a piece of junk that u have no idea what kind of condition its in. Only to find out, its no good and your money is gone. Dont take anyones word for it. You need to be sure u know what youre getting.Before u spend any kind of $$$$$.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:25 PM
BOOST SOMETHING !

Exclamation

Well he says it cam out of a running 302 and that all it needs is a head gastket. So I'm like ok cool but really he's like it doesn't matter if I buy it or not cause he's gonna use if I don't. On the other hand my moms b/f is going to look at a truck tommorow taht he's gonna buy for parts that is surpose to have a running 302 and a kickin tranny. So if everything goes well tommorow I wil be a working engine and tranny richer. The best part is it comes straight out of a working truck.

~Blackbob~

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.