Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Servo Motor MOD: DIY Easier Speed Control
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Servo Motor MOD: DIY Easier Speed Control

I am new to sewing and recently purchased a Seiko STH 8BLD-3 and I have spent many hours reading here on HotRodders.com, on Leatherworker.net, and on DIYTactical.com, and thank everyone for sharing their experiences.

I hope, with this post to pay back a little and make a few people really happy like me. This MOD for me ranks up there with best Xmas present ever... in July, no less.

In my research to learn more about my new sewing machine I ran into a lot of posts of people unhappy with their servo motor's speed control, this included me.

I was lucky one day and found a post on Leatherworker.net where a member named DDahl - Dave had used a paper and pencil gradient MOD to give a wider more controllable range to the speed controller of his servo motor.

Here is the link to DDahl's post that motivated me to make this how-to. (Thank You! Dave)
Question About Servo Motors - Leatherworker.net - Page 2

Amazing to me, Dave's post didn't stir much conversation or motivation, I attributed that to peoples fear of modifying things.

I made this video and how-to to show how easy this MOD really is and hopefully make a lot of people happier with their machines.

In addition to the video I have photos that can be use as a guide while preforming the modification. I will also post updates and tweak the how-to as needed and if people participate, post a list of servo motor models that work well with the modification.

Enjoy!

SWFLholsters Sewing Servo Motor: DIY Smoother Speed Control MOD

P.S. I am not a writer and struggle with things like this, if anyone sees errors or has suggestions on how I can improve my writing to be more clear please let me know. :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SWFLholsters For This Useful Post:
John long (07-27-2012), SafeAirOne (07-31-2012)