Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Servo Motor MOD: DIY Easier Speed Control
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
Hmm...That's pretty interesting. I can say that the transition from slow to fast on my SewQuiet 5000 leaves a little to be desired (though it is TONS better than the old clutch motor).

I might give this a try once my warranty period expires. The nice thing about this mod is that you stay out of the 'meat' of the assembly and you can put everything back exactly to original if you don't like it.

Interesting indeed...
Wow. SafeAir. That isn't just interesting, that is absolutely fascinating. Thanks to DDAHL for figuring this out and to SWFLholsters for all his trouble to make such a well done and informative training aid. This has got to be one of the most interesting ideas I have seen. Even though I am really happy with my SewQuiet 5000 it would be great to have the more gentle ramp up and broader speed range. I don't see there is anything there to effect warranty either. It appears to have all the upside potential without any down side.....Can't wait to play.

John L