setting up the rearend so it transfer the weight to the rear tires - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 12:34 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

setting up the rearend so it transfer the weight to the rear tires

I posted the pics, I have been working on this for ten years now and its almost done. I have a 572 crate engine and the thing just sits and burns rubber. I have been told my suspension is not tuned correctly to transfer the weight??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 03:28 AM

Without me knowing where the pics are can you tell us what it is? leaves ,coils,etc etc. I know we used to lighten the torsion bars on mopars to move the weight back but without knowing your setup its kinda hard. Off hand I'd say if you arent wheel hoping just start increasing rubber size. You get a big enough set of hoosiers under there they'll tame the spin
Old 07-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATAs 57
I posted the pics, I have been working on this for ten years now and its almost done. I have a 572 crate engine and the thing just sits and burns rubber. I have been told my suspension is not tuned correctly to transfer the weight??

Year , make model of the vehicle?

As a start point You would need to read articles written by Billy Shope. I do not have th elink on this computer.. Billy will respond here or a person with the link to his stuff
Old 07-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Last photo:

setting up the rearend so it transfer the weight to the rear tires

Well, I tried to post the pics. somehow they are in here some where and I think this forum has to approve them.

Its a 57 chevy truck. it has a 83 camaro front clip, the frame has been narrowed and boxed. It has a Chris Alstons ladder bar coil over with a narrowed 9 inch ford with a currie 3rd member. It has M/T N-50s on the rear.

I have a hard time hooking up and I have a 8/71 to go on it next, but I just sit and spin now.. I was told that my ladder bar set up is not "set up" In order for me to drive this thing i have to feather the gas pedal and i dont dare hit the gas unless I am "squared up" with the road..

I can take this to someone like "fast eddies" for the "set up" but, I dealt with him one time and I didnt have a very good experience.

so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know

I just went out and took some more pictures and will try to load them up.

Phil
Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM
9.82 @ 139mph

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATAs 57
Well, I tried to post the pics. somehow they are in here some where and I think this forum has to approve them.

Its a 57 chevy truck. it has a 83 camaro front clip, the frame has been narrowed and boxed. It has a Chris Alstons ladder bar coil over with a narrowed 9 inch ford with a currie 3rd member. It has M/T N-50s on the rear.

I have a hard time hooking up and I have a 8/71 to go on it next, but I just sit and spin now.. I was told that my ladder bar set up is not "set up" In order for me to drive this thing i have to feather the gas pedal and i dont dare hit the gas unless I am "squared up" with the road..

I can take this to someone like "fast eddies" for the "set up" but, I dealt with him one time and I didnt have a very good experience.

so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know

I just went out and took some more pictures and will try to load them up.

Phil

Just do a general internet search Billy Shope you wil get all the info necessary to figure it out.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:18 PM

Last photo:

The truck is going to be hard to hook no matter what you do, as your front to back weight distribution is not good.

I have a S10 with a mild 406 that is tubbed and I run 31"X18.5X15 MT Sportsmans. It blows them off easily. I have raced it with 31X14X15 Hoosier slicks and the difference is night and day. My 4-link is set to neutral preload. I still spin, but not bad.

You will need the best street slick you can find if you want any hope to hook at all with your setup. 90/10 shocks up front and adjustable shocks in rear will help.

Good luck. Wish I could see the pics.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the info guys, I tried to reset the pixels on my camera ( I guess thats the problem) I will try again. I am the 2nd owner ( my grandfather was the first) It was given to me in 81 and I restored it to original in 85 lost it in a nasty divorce in 86. I got it back in 2000 ( i got it back for 100 bucks trashed, after she smoked everything she got in the divorce including 2 homes) and finally got it running about 2 months ago. I am going to try to set up a album on this site

Phil
Old 07-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Philippines Cowboy

Last journal entry: THE TRACTION DYNO
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley
Year , make model of the vehicle?

As a start point You would need to read articles written by Billy Shope. I do not have th elink on this computer.. Billy will respond here or a person with the link to his stuff
http://www.racetec.cc/shope
Old 07-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Last photo:

Thanks guys, theres a lot of reading to do. I did finally get three pics on the photo gallery a red 57 chevy p/u with a hydraclic tilt bed....couldnt change from DOT to the goodyears very easy without the tilt

Phil
Old 07-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
....couldnt change from DOT to the goodyears very easy without the tilt
Tilt would be nice, most of us need to drop the rear suspension.

How about taking the "F" bomb out of the first picture description...

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM

Last photo:

I had a ruff time even getting the pictures uploaded.....but i will try to change the discription

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.