Hot Rod Forum banner

Sewing Machine Accessories Question

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  horvath 
#1 ·
I've decided to go ahead and buy an industrial machine (the Tacsew T111-155) ... they agreed to give me a welt set with the machine and it comes with 5 (size 21) needles and 5 M-Class bobbins. I'm getting the table with the light, etc. too, and I'm wondering what accessories I''ll wish I would have ordered with it but didn't (cuz I didn't know any better).

1. Should I order any other feet?
2. Should I get more needles? And should I get leather needles? I'll be working with 3 oz. - 4.5 oz. leather.
3. It comes with a clutch motor but I can upgrade that to a servo motor which they say gives you more control -- should I get the servo motor?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Different attachments. I have a binding attachment but I rarely use it. Maybe
a zipper foot, not for zippers but you can get into some tight places with it. I even cut some feet up for sewing things where a normal foot wouldn't work. In this business that's the fun of it. Be creative and come up with new ideas.
Don't be afraid to try something different. :thumbup:
Bob

#8 ·
Servo Motor

I bought the servo motor for my machine.......think I paid around $200. When I hooked it up I found it was very noisy. The noise was louder on slow speeds. Sort of sounded like a vibrating hum, but very loud. I called and the supplier said this was normal for these machines. I sent it back. Now if you're buying the $1,500 motor it may not have this problem. You will get used to the clutch motor but you will always turn the machine by hand when going around corners. Buy the smallest pulley for the motor abount 1 1/2" to make the machine more controllable. For sewing machine accessories, CutSewService in Calif has the largest selection and the best prices that I've found. Contact them at 800 225-2983. Having a large sellection of pressor feet makes the job easier, kinda like having the right tool for the job. I have a box full of just about foot available for my Consew 206RB and find then indespensable, and money well spent. They do have a website and I think a Yahoo search will find them.
Jim

#11 ·
Thanks, Jim. The servo motor was only an additional $99.00 ... of course that includes swapping out the clutch motor ... I'll let you know if it's noisy.

I found the site for CutSewService -- thanks!
http://www.cutsewservice.com

The Tacsew has a 1/2 HP, 1725 rpm ... but, come to think of it, that was the clutch motor; I'm not sure about the servo motor.

Hey, Bob -- How did you convert your Juki to an air motor? Sounds cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.