Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well!

My family got me a SewQuiet 5000 for my birthday (gee...how'd they know??) and I just installed it. Amazing! Thank goodness I only wasted a month or two messing around with that clutch motor before I wised up.

Thanks for the SQ5000 recommendations. That was GREAT advice, and now I join the choir of folks recommending this motor to anyone having difficulty getting along with the old clutch motor.

BTW--I noticed that when I have it dialed down to a speed of "2" (yes, 2. I know, I know...) sometimes the machine needs a little nudge of the wheel to get it initially started. Not always, but sometimes. Is this normal? I wouldn't expect that with a servo motor, though I'll bet that this is due to the the way the electronics handle the 'ramp-up' in RPM.

Er...just to save a bit of dignity, I should add that I don't plan on using it on 200 RPM for long, but I've got some small, precision work that I'm doing at the moment.