Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,245 Posts
I hear you loud and clear Dan but this thing just isn't right. If I set the speed on 10 you can't make it stitch slow enough to make a stitch or two when you are in a tight place. If I turn it down to a 2 or 3 then it will run a 2 or 3 stitches a second for 15 to 20 stitches and then will surge way up to 20 stitches a second and drop back to 2 or 3. You can't sew anything if you can't predict what the machine is going to do. I would be better to put the clutch back on it. As a matter of fact this machine had a very smooth clutch on it.

If I understood your earlier posts you can make an individual stitch with your machine. Not so with this one. I was playing around with some scrap trying to top stitch and it fluctuates so badly I have no control. I totally understand that I am an amateur but that is the whole reason for buying a servo. I need to be able to control the machine at a slow enough speed to compensate for my lack of experience.

I really do appreciate you taking interest in our situation. I will post what I find out tomorrow after I speak to the company.

John