Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long
I installed my SawQuiet5000 yesterday and have the same issues you did SafeAirOne. On the slow speeds it needs help to start some times. I could live with that but when I sew at the low speed, it will click along for 20 stitches and then jump about 5 stitches. Also, if I am sewing at a low speed, when I let up on the treadle, it will surge 5 or 6 stitches.
Sounds like exactly the same thing mine was doing. I attributed te surge to "trpping" the threshold between the ramp-up and full-sped modes, but it would happen inconsistently and unpredictaby.

I don't want to speculate on what the problem might be, but I wonder if there is an issue with the latest batch of motor controllers??

Reliable told me yesterday thet they're shipping my motor out to me today. I'll post up th results when I get it back.

I'd definitely give them a call. If there's a trend developing, they'll want to know about it and, of course, you need to get them to fix yours. They seem to be pretty customer-service oriented.