Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Apologies to all for the 2-in-a-row etiquette breach, but I missed the whole other page of replies to this thread--

John, I guess that Reliable says you need a smaller pulley (90mm came with mine) and that the motor SHOULD behave like this on setting 2 or 1? Hmm...I wouldn't think that the sporadic RPMs would be acceptable on any setting, though mine did seem stable up around 500rpm ("5"), like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
Just how slow are you trying to run the motor? I understand running the machine at slow speeds to help learn how to sew, but turning the motor down so it barely moves completely defeats the foot treadle...
I was on a setting of 200 RPM ("2"). I figure that if they have a setting of "1" or "2",the motor ought to be able to operate on those settings. I just need to slow it way down to do some small work without having to hand crank the machine.

Funny that I reinstalled my clutch motor to use the machine yesterday and it seemed pretty easy to control, compared to just a few weeks ago, tough I was sewing huge pieces of canvas, not tiny stuff this time.

Last edited by SafeAirOne; 05-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.