Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Apologies to all for the 2-in-a-row etiquette breach, but I missed the whole other page of replies to this thread--

John, I guess that Reliable says you need a smaller pulley (90mm came with mine) and that the motor SHOULD behave like this on setting 2 or 1? Hmm...I wouldn't think that the sporadic RPMs would be acceptable on any setting, though mine did seem stable up around 500rpm ("5"), like you said.

Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
Just how slow are you trying to run the motor? I understand running the machine at slow speeds to help learn how to sew, but turning the motor down so it barely moves completely defeats the foot treadle...
I was on a setting of 200 RPM ("2"). I figure that if they have a setting of "1" or "2",the motor ought to be able to operate on those settings. I just need to slow it way down to do some small work without having to hand crank the machine.

Funny that I reinstalled my clutch motor to use the machine yesterday and it seemed pretty easy to control, compared to just a few weeks ago, tough I was sewing huge pieces of canvas, not tiny stuff this time.

Last edited by SafeAirOne; 05-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.