Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeAirOne
All in all, I'm still satisfied with this servo motor and knowing what I know now, would have just ordered a 30mm pulley...
er...50mm.

I rarely have the need to sew at a snail's pace, just on the small stuff. My amateurism manifests itself in the fact that I still need 2 hands to guide the material around when doing small, intricate stuff, so it's tough to hand-crank the machine and guide the material around odd shapes while maintaining a consistent offset from the edge or other stitch lines. I was well and often justified in my fear of having the machine take off across the fabric when I only wanted to put 3 or 4 stitches in on a tight turn.

I think there was a comparison between learning to sew at a very low setting and learning how to drive a car at 2 MPH in an earlier post, but the way I see it, using that clutch motor was like learning how to drive a car and having Shirley Muldowney as your driving instructor.