Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long
Have you done much with the new pulley? Did it help?
I didn't do any small work with it (the main reason I wanted the SewQuiet 5000 in the first place), but I did build the better part of a "canvas" top for the cab of my Land Rover today and the smaller pulley worked out just fine. In fact, for this job (lots of long, straight seams) it was a bit slow, though there's plenty of room left on the speed adjustment to bump it up to something more appropriate. I just didn't bother and left it on "12" the whole time.

I became pretty familiar with the behavior of the SewQuiet 5000 today, especially in the transition region between the "ramp up" speed zone and the full-speed zone. If you operate right at that threshold it tends to go back and forth between slow and fast, but it didn't take long to get used to working the treadle and having complete control. All in all, I like it. A lot.

Now all I need to do is build an extension for the front and back of my table so large pieces of PVC-coated fabric will be more manageable in the infeed and outfeed department and I'll be all set...