Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwings View Post
Well I just re-read this whole thread again. I was about to order the Consew servo motor but the Reliable is just too hard to beat plus it was on sale at Amazon so I ordered one. They are temporarily out of stock so I don't know when it will arrive. Soon I hope. I don't do a lot of upholstery work but it will be nice to be able to speed the learning curve.

I didn't learn to drive at 5 mph.....I think I did more burn outs and **** raising before I learned to drive sensibly..haha So now that I have successfuly sewed a finger and made a few other mistakes maybe I can slow down and do some serious learning. Sort of like putting it in drive and easing into the gas pedal instead of low gear and flooring it. haha

I'm look at doing my door panels, carpeting and trunk for starters.

Any good ideas for using the old clutch motor??? maybe a bench grinder??
Unfortunately, the clutch motor is a dinosaur. It has and had one specific purpose, which was to operate an industrial sewing machine. The infinite control electronics offers has eliminated mechanical processes as the system of choice for connecting and disconnecting a load from a motor. There are no good uses for the clutch motor now, other than holding a door open or being an extremely heavy paper weight.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.