Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Servo Motor Recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I know..I did that just to try it back when you noted it before. The noise is incredible. haha I'll add to that, I build big model airplanes and use aircraft plywood which is usually 5 layer birch. It will go thru that too but it did cost me a needle. I think I flinched and made the walking foot slip as the needle hit something and bent it a little. I think this new servo motor has even more power than the clutch motor.........I haven't even been able to give that thing away.

One of the upholstery related things I made for the giant scale warbirds was a leather cover over the opening at the rear of a B-25 rear gun port. These were typically leather in WW 2 so I salvaged a dark leather lady's purse and cut some leather from it. I then sculptured a wrinkled balsa surface underlayment. I covered this with the fine soft well worn purse leather and installed it over the guns and into the gun port. It looks quite realistic.

I wish I would have had this machine back when I was training dogs. It sure would have come in handy to make and repair some of our leather and jute training equipment.