Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Machine Troubleshooting ?.
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Old Phart

Last wiki edit: How to identify a Ford V8
Last journal entry: 27 T Roadster project: Underway cont.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

G'day fordSR.

Thankyou for your input.

Quote:
Check here for the welt foot for your machine.
I've had a look at the website you suggested and have found out from that site that other welt feet will fit the Mitsubishi LU2. Namely Singer 111W, Juki LU-562/563 and other models.

Armed with this information I have contacted about the only machine spare parts supply house for Industrial machines in Adelaide and they have one set of 1/4" welt feet in stock @ $45.00. So it looks like I'm sorted out for the moment.

Quote:
Don't mess with the timing on your machine, leave that to a professional. I suspect thread may be your problem. Find a source for B69 bonded thread polyester or nylon. Check your needle size for the thread your using and the general rule of thumb is the bare needle should slide down the thread by it's own weight. Observe the thread as it feeds into and out of the tension washers, is it twisting the thread, or unwinding the thread? Bonded thread will feed smoothly with consistant tension. Stay away from vylon which is not a twisted thread......tension will not be consistant. Is the needle installed correctly? Go back to topstitching some scrape pieces and adjust your tensions there
I will try the existing thread with the new welt feet. If the thread problem still exists then I'll change. If 30 years of Gunsmithing has taught me anything.....only change one thing at a time. But I will check out the timing etc. just to be sure.
Quote:
one final question.........which side of the needle is the bobbin, left or right, or below? If your still having problems let us know.
The bobbin is on the right side as you sit at the machine.

Thanks for all of the responces.........Barry