Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing machines; questions?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Picked up the machine from Muday's. He said a timing set screw was coming loose. He said he pinned the shaft. He sewed with it there in his table and a few layers of jean material. Worked right and sounded right.

I brought it home, set it in our table, and has worked flawlesly all morning. Multiple layers of vinyl and sunbrella.

I had it listed on CL, but pulled the ad when it jammed again. A few people contacted me and a couple were going to stop by last weekend, but I told them the issue with it. Anyway, I just texted them all and one lady from Grand Rapids is coming down tomorrow to sew on it.

I am selling it and buying her a good used Juki or a Japan Consew 206 or 226. Trying to find a decent deal, but if nothing earth shattering comes up shortly, she'll get a nice new Juki dnu 1541 with a servo motor.

Do you pros all agree? If you agree on the 1541, there are a few variations. I believe there's a -3, a -5, and a -S. I am all-ears! Tell me what you think.
If you do not think the 541 is the right one, which one, and if there are variations, which variant?

And I really do appreciate it! Nice group of people here. Thank You!