Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing machines; questions?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:19 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

And the saga continues. A lady and her husband from a nearby town came by to sew on the machine. She's a pro that works for a canvas cover shop - for semi's, trailers, boats, etc. She does the cad work, but plays around on the floor as well. They have many long arm machines. So she starts sewing on the 18 and really likes it. It is sewing smooth and fast. It really was nice watching the thing fly. Then it jams again, just like before. I was there; she did nothing wrong. She tried everything to get it to work, to no avail. She left, I continued to mess with it. If I hand turn the wheel, by the time I hit the third puncture, the thread underneath is all balled up. It;s the top thread balling up. I used blue bobbin thread and black needle thread, just to see which side is screwing up. Brought the machine back to the shop yesterday. This is the last time I'm bringing it back to the shop. If it jams again, I'll sell it for parts or just the table and motor. Thanks.