Sewing machines; questions? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 12:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

And the saga continues. A lady and her husband from a nearby town came by to sew on the machine. She's a pro that works for a canvas cover shop - for semi's, trailers, boats, etc. She does the cad work, but plays around on the floor as well. They have many long arm machines. So she starts sewing on the 18 and really likes it. It is sewing smooth and fast. It really was nice watching the thing fly. Then it jams again, just like before. I was there; she did nothing wrong. She tried everything to get it to work, to no avail. She left, I continued to mess with it. If I hand turn the wheel, by the time I hit the third puncture, the thread underneath is all balled up. It;s the top thread balling up. I used blue bobbin thread and black needle thread, just to see which side is screwing up. Brought the machine back to the shop yesterday. This is the last time I'm bringing it back to the shop. If it jams again, I'll sell it for parts or just the table and motor. Thanks.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Another update.

It was knocked out of time again. Now they say it may be happening because of the way my wife wound the bobbins, which is exactly the way she winds bobbins for her husqvarna/Bviking machine. Sewing fine now. Hopefully we can find a buyer.

I am looking for the best price 1541s I can find, but now I am concerned that the cheapest may include a POS servomotor instead of a good one.

Can you list some reliable brands of servomotors?
Is "Sewstrong" an adequate motor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

When I bought my first servo, I checked out every brand I could, and the one with the best features was the Reliable Sew-Quiet 3000. I have two of those and then bought a Sew Quiet 4000. I have not had one problem of any kind with those three motors. If I was going to buy another one, it would be a Sew-Quiet 5000.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.