Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sewing Problems? With Singer 211 G 156
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Sewing Problems? With Singer 211 G 156

I have a Singer 211 G 156. I bought it from a guy in Oklahoma. I live in Kansas. It had minor problems with it but i took it to a place to get it fixed. I have not sewed anything yet, as far as projects. I had the machine sit for two months. I just now got around to sew a scrap piece of vinyl together to see what it looked like. Everything sews fine, sort of or maybe its just me. The problem I am having is when I sewed the scraps together it wrinkles up on a Basic seam stitch. Also when I look closely at the holes when I do a single reinforced seam I can notice the backing of the vinyl show through the holes and also wrinkles up a little bit. The last problem is the bottom stitch or bobbin thread is looking like the tension is not where it should be. I have adjusted them a couple times and got it looking better but to me it can look a lot better still. I am just about close to my bobbin screw to come out of the threaded portion ( I don't know what you call that.) The needle tension can go tighter but I am scared to tighten it some more, because it would feel like the thread would break but i do got some more room to tighten it.

I do have the right needle size in the machine (135x17 number 10). As far as the thread i don't know because I am using the thread that came with the machine when I got it. The guy I got it from dad did do auto upholstery, So I assume it should be the correct size thread. There is no marking on the plastic that the thread is wrapped around. Thanks for reading.