Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Body - Exterior (
-   -   Shaker/Scoop (

mustangdude947 05-17-2004 04:46 AM

Hey guys... I was wondering...
How hard would it be to install a shaker from a later car than my 1967 mustang? (Trans-am or something) or, if a shaker wasn't an option, how hard would it be to find a hood with a scoop or install a scoop (Shelby style) on my existing hood?

mustangdude947 06-26-2004 02:47 PM

No one has any thoughts?

Meka 06-26-2004 05:41 PM

WEll im not sure but i bet there are companys that sell a shaker for your hood. Infact on hot rod televison they instaled one on the black mustang on there.

mustangdude947 06-26-2004 10:14 PM

Alright, thanks... I'll look

BarryK 06-27-2004 11:48 AM

Its a simple job but a job that can crack or give you more paint bubbling than you can dream of if done wrong.
I have done 100's over the years and if you find one post a picture and I will give you step by step instructions.

mustangdude947 06-27-2004 02:02 PM
Here is something what I want, but I have no idea how to do it... I was wondering if a hood from a 67 Shelby would work...

BarryK 06-27-2004 02:10 PM

They make similer hoods in carbon fiber. Since the odds you you finding a used hood that you could cut the scoop out is almost nil.
Check with "Year one" for a hood. They have all kinds, that where we got the hood for the one going on cover of Hot rod in August.

KULTULZ 06-27-2004 02:53 PM


If you want a SHELBY look-a-like, they are made. The SHELBY hood will not work on a regular MUSTANG.

You could then use the non-shaker RAM-AIR intake from say a 428CJ MUSTANG.

mustangdude947 06-27-2004 03:17 PM

Thats great,
Thanks for the site!

Do you know if there are any cheaper alternatives?

KULTULZ 06-27-2004 05:47 PM


Do you know if there are any cheaper alternatives?
Not really. NOS or takeoffs are expensive and becoming scarce. Would you be interested in a twin-inlet type of breather.

mustangdude947 06-27-2004 08:58 PM

Yeah, I'm looking for anything that "scoops" air but doesn't require removing anything essential to street driving. Also, it has to be functional... I don't want to waste my money for aesthetics.

KULTULZ 06-27-2004 11:12 PM

Something like this?

mustangdude947 06-28-2004 05:42 PM

Where does that get air from?

KULTULZ 06-29-2004 03:08 AM

See the two plastic scoops on either side? They go into the wheel well area through the apron to draw fresh air.

mustangdude947 06-29-2004 05:03 PM

Yeah, that would be great! Where can I get one of those

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.