Hot Rod Forum banner

Shaking Engine PLEASE POST

4K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  68NovaSS 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 66 mustang with a 289 v8 engine. It has been running fine for the past several months. It began to shake horribly one day when i put it in drive. whats wrong?

the car will crank and run fine in park - - then when you put it in drive the car begins to shake horribly at a standstill... once you give it just the smallest amount of gas the engine is fine - - it stops the horrible shaking

when you put the car in neutral the shaking stops and also put it in park... whats wrong

i took it to a shop and they replaced the distributor on it... this didn't fix the problem.. i was told on an earlier post to replace the pcv valve...

there is a small amount of oil coming from the pcv valve... but why is it shaking horribly only when put in gear...? its fine when you get moving at all.. but at a standstill is horrible

one spark plug wire looks like it has been hacked (just the orange cover on the end) could the spark be jumping to the engine block??? i believe the plugs also have some age on them... could one be fouled? or misfiring because its bad? spark plugs dont just go bad do they? do they need replacing? please post... your help is greatly needed

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.