Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sharpe finex 3000
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster76 View Post
i just bought a brand new sharpe finex 3000 for $85 with tax was thinking it was pretty good deal the local paint jobber is closing down and it was the last paint gun they had any one have any experience with these guns i was gonna try it out with my mustang when i painted it, it has a 1.3 mm tip
The price is right, no doubt...I have one and as Tech 69 mentioned, he uses his, with a larger tip for a primer gun...I now use mine as a primer gun as well...The gun will work and will do a respectable job for you, I, however, do prefer other guns...That's not to say that the Sharpe won't work with base and clear and I know a few painters that swear by it....for me, I prefer the Sata, Iwata and the (old school) Devilbus GTI....The GTI especially for heavier bodied clear coats.

Give your Sharpe a try...and if it works for you, that's great, everybody paints differently...if it doesn't, get a larger tip and you have an amazing primer gun.

Hope this helps
Ray