Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sharpe finex 3000
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:45 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I am gonna have to side with Russ on this one as to "why". I don't have a finex 3000 gun, but I do have a sharpe platinum that I have been using for base and clear for about 8 years now. Just change the cap out from a 2000 (base) to a 3000 (clears) and has been a really good gun for all around spraying even spray the SPI epoxy with this one as well. I purchased a sharpe titanium CGTI clearing gun a long time ago (years) and it is still in the box, I have never even tried a test spray with it in all these years. Why not you may ask, and the answer is the platinum gets the job done just fine, as I will always cut and buff everything anyway so I am not too concerned about a slight bit of peel where I will cut it anyhow, and where I don't such as jambs or cowls they lay down very nice out of the gun anyway. Now I only paint overalls maybe 3 or 4 cars a year, so I am not spraying everyday like a pro would be (in the booth on a daily basis) so the need for a sata or iwata or such really don't see the cost too justify it for my needs, as I would probably love it none the less. The point is that everyone has a certain spraying technique they develop over the years working with certain guns that others would probably would not even consider using, and if it works just fine for your situation than so be it. So I can honastley understand Russ's comment as to " I may buy a better gun some day, but why " .