Hot Rod Forum banner

Sharpe Finex FX 100, is this a decent jam gun?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BondoKing 
#1 ·
Well boys here I am looking to spend a little money to save myself some time. I am ready to paint the little car I have been getting ready ( the one the boyfriend sanded the windows for me :thumbup:) yeah that one.
Anyways I have a current shoulder/neck injury which is preventing me from working like I normally would. I am trying to avoid taking the hood and rear hatch off of this 91 eclipse. My local smart shoppers has the above mentioned door jam gun. I was thinking of running up there this afternoon or tomorrow morning and picking it up,, so I dont have to remove either part. I was thinking it would make the job of painting those 2 area's much easier, plus it would be easier on my shoulder. Priming the car about killed me pain wise.As I said i am not working ( my public job )at the moment, and am trying to do the best job for my wife's family ( her little cousin) and not hurt myself in the process. That gun only has a 1.0 head. Isn't that too small for clears really? I have always used 1.3-1.5 for my base and clear guns. I can order the newer version of that gun and it comes with a 1.3.

Do you think there is a better gun for the job than this one for the price? I can get it out the door for $75.00. I thought it was not a bad price, however I think that model is dated to some degree. Any help on this door gun issue is appreciated.

THX

BK

See less See more
#2 ·
It's a touch up gun is why it has a 1.0 tip.
I have one and it does a good job.
That one or the Harbor Freight Mini HVLP "purple" gun.

Depending on which clear you may have to reduce it some and slow down a little on the application. Basically the same deal with any touch up gun as most have a 1.0 or smaller tip set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.