Sharpe Platinum ho spraying hok candy - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sharpe Platinum ho spraying hok candy

Well I tried to find some good write ups on the sharpe platinum ho and could only find info on the regular platinum so I decided to give my experience to whoever might be looking for the same thing. Alittle background I started this 1965 Maibu SS about two months ago and it was took down to bare metal, epoxied, pcl polyester primer, Transtar sealer, hok galaxy grey basecoat, hok Candy apple red, Then Autoglass clear. I know there are alot of different brands used but I used what the customer brought me so here it goes. My gun came with 2 tip the guy I bought it from said one is for base and the other is for clear. After doing a little research I found out that one cap was the original and the other was a #2000 regular platinum tip. My gun has a 1.4 tip and with the H.O. tip I would say this gun is a waste of money or maybe my adustments were off. But with the #2000 tip and 45 psi it layed the basecoat out really smoothed and left no mottling or stripes. The pattern I sprayed at was about 8". The candy sprayed equally as well. When I sprayed the clear I bumped the pressure a little bit and it also layed out very good. This is by far the best I have ever layed clear in my life. The color came out nice and even and overall I was very happy being this is my first candy paint. I like this gun alot and would recommend it to any beginners because it is discontinued you can get it for cheap and it is able to lay excellent paint with the #2000 cap. Snap-on also sells the same gun called excalibur which is 100% identical because it is made by sharpe but for some reason sells for less. I seen one on ebay in great condition for $50 and I payed $110 for my sharpe. I included some pictures of an el camino I painted with this gun and the malibu will update with pictures of outside malibu when I finish. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer to the best of my ability but I am not a professional only above average painter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.