Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Transmission - Rearend (
-   -   Shift gate? (

Kenrick Binegar 01-21-2012 03:51 PM

Shift gate?
I have an 85 Jag XJS with a 350 chev. and a t350 trans. which I am converting to 700r4. Would anyone know how to convert a t350 shift gate to a 700r4? I would like to stay with the Jag type shifter (if I can) I also need an indicator plate. Don't want much do I? Any help would be great.

Blown496 01-21-2012 04:01 PM

Call Jag that run, Suncoast or John's Jaguars in Dallas. All can be found web searching.

Kenrick Binegar 01-22-2012 11:57 AM

I tried Johns but they couldn't help (the conversion is actually there's) and Jags that runs site is down but thanks for the help.

Kenrick Binegar 01-28-2012 09:33 AM

I was surfing the web looking for a shift gate and low and behold I got on Johns cars web page and read that the t350 shifter will work except you (me) have to grind out a notch in the shift gate to allow it to go into low and stay. I only got this same book six mo. ago. You would think a fellow would learn that when all else fails (read the da___ed directions again, and again and again). :spank:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.