shlepped again! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 09:00 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

shlepped again!

some old guy at my wifes old folks home shoved her real hard last month, i dunno if i mentioned this, she just got her mri last week and 3 herniated discs in her neck, i.e. major whip lash. also a torn rotator cuff. at least it's on L&I ins. but she is in alot of pain. they gave her the options that could happen with either vertabrae fusion or disc replacement and one of the is being paralized. well enough about her. except we planned on having a wicked , or at least i was planning on it, a wicked weekend drag racing tonight in canada then going to the lynden Can-Am car show camping out at each place. well, assuming that i get my new bumper for the camaro today, last night while setting up our new tent, my wife tripped and fell on her head and hurt her neck and head and started crying and said she didnt want to go camping. i thought when i asked her to go campiing that she said "you don't know how much that would help me" but she actually said, "you dont know how much that'd hurt me". oh well, i did mention i was half deaf and my ears ring constantly since i saw Velvet Revolver two months ago. she also pointed out i totally forgot i cant leave my nutty mom un-attended for two whole days. anyway.. maybe we'll to to canada and come back tonight, maybe if we get the camaro bumper today we'll stick it in a show, i dunno. either way i have to do the whole camaro with Meguire's #7 before i can show it, and i wont have time to do it if i go to canada. aaahhh, whatever! i can't put it in the Goodguys car show next month either, cause it's only for 64 and earlier makes. life in schlepprock goes on as usual, at least my painter didn't try to charge me for buffing it out yesterday, like i thought he would. i did give him my old hood to the camaro tho. he gave me three new beauty rings for my wheels, which i needed. have a good week end. i will be in an airplane all day the 4th cause my company is making me fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Life On The Rock. Bull,you brighten my *****'n day every time I read your rants.I hope you all have a good weekend,and when you get back,you can post about a great camping trip and dragrace.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
More dogs than bones

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

wow, what a story. i hope your wifes okay. she fell on her... head?

cant wait for your 2000th post
Old 06-24-2005, 10:07 PM

Last photo:

Bull, you ain't alone brother. I left for Ohio and made it to Kentucky when the cam seal popped. I didn't notice the oil leaking but I definately saw that idiot light.

After dumping a case of oil in it I made it to my brothers house in N.C., where I sit right now waiting on new seals and a valve cover gasket for a Honda.

I won't get to make the trip I'd planned but at least I get to hang out with my brother and go to Farmington Dragway on Sunday. It's not a total loss but I don't get to hang out with all the fellas in Ohio.

Larry
Old 06-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Bull...I hate to say this, but anytime I need an ego boost, I read some of your posts.
Its all about the way you think about things. If you always think that the worst is going to happen...IT WILL. and usually worse than you had thought.
Start looking at the lighter side of everything. Everything happens for a reason, and if something is meant to be, it will come easily.
For instance...you couldn't wait until your wife got a job. She got a job and look at what happened. Now she is hurt and has to have surgery. You bought this Camaro, was it a smooth deal? Did you just have the extra cash laying around to buy it, or did you have to sell some stuff to get enough $$ together? Did you put off other things in order to buy this car? Because you have had nothing but trouble with it.
All I can say is...Good Luck brother, you need it!
Later,
WEIMER
Old 06-25-2005, 03:16 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

this ****'s better than jerry springer.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:03 PM

Hey Bull
Try reading "The Power Of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale-
I feel for ya,sometimes life's a beach,but you need to give yourself a break!
A positive attitude can help get you through just about anything.

George(NOT Dr. Phil)
Old 06-28-2005, 01:44 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last photo:

well, since you asked: i used one of those credit card company check to get the camaro. it was $3000 for a real running fairly rust free supersport so.... i know, i am crazy. at the show i talked to a guy who had a 50 ford F-1 pick up he said just got appraised at $38K. i asked him how much one would pay for an all original rust free running F-1, he said 10K!!! i passed on my friends he sold last year for one thou cause i thought they are ugly!! whatta dope i am! anyway, i didnt use lock washers or lock tite on the u joint bolts, so my wife was driving it home and the driveline fell out! she was only going 30. it didnt hurt the driveline other than the ujoint, only one bolt was missing but i replaced them all. it almost punched two holes thru the tunnel. now i have to fix two one inch cuts in those places. it's running again. got it home last night
Old 06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Bull...you really need to mellow and slow down a little. Get layed back and try to take things a little easier, then maybe things will come around your way. But it is nice to know I am not the only one who has bad luck all the time.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:13 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

yeah man....
Old 06-28-2005, 02:13 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last photo:

"a turd in the hand is worth two in the bush"

hey i did get some good luck tho, that is, if me getting another car can be considered good at all..

friend of mine is giving me a 72 catalina with a 455 engine!!!
spozed to run!!! TH400 tranny too! hope the disc brakes will fit on the tempest!! always wanted to putta 455 in it. but ya know with the price of gas, i'm driving my tempest everyday to work. with a 455 i couldnt do that. that 455 would be great in the tow truck. but ya know i just gotta stuff it in the tempest. even if i leave it stock. i could send back the still in the box summit 2800 cam and get a 2802 or something the Performance Years guys recommend. then forget the daily driver part. which would mean, you guess it. either buy that $110 PROM for the 91 grand am and drive it or, sob, buy yet another junker for a daily driver. that would mean a tempest, 70 caddilac, 40 chev tow truck, 55 4x4, 72camaro that i CANT DRIVE EVERYDAY cause of too much gas or no brakes (tow truck), and a 87 reliant wagon on it's last legs (wives) and my junk grand am if i get it running. i need a place in the country. that's right, i have all these junkers in town, and now a soon to be stripped down 72 Cat!!!! i may have to change my name to JETHRO!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:22 PM
The Dude

Last photo:

Hey Bull! I feel ya bro... like the old Cream song says "If it wasn't for bad luck.. I wouldn't have any luck at all..."
I hope the Mrs. is doing better after her fall. Keep on keepin' on bro!

Rock on and God bless...

Seņor

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.